master chef chez sa mere

The chef at work, decimating the fridge. He doesn’t cook as I do, that is, pick a recipe and get the ingredients. He opens the fridge, sees what’s there and improvises.

My contribution to the repast

Hors d’oeuvre: endive filled with guacamole mixed with smoked bacon, grilled onions and cherry tomatoes

Second hors d’oeuvre: grilled peppers filled with couscous, tangelos, my garden tomatoes and basil.

Main course – roast pork with garlic and rosemary, barbecued new potatoes with grilled onions, roasted eggplant with tomato sauce and peppers

Let me at it!!!

7 Responses to “master chef chez sa mere”

1. theresa says:

What a beautiful meal! Tell the chef he is an artist…!

I will, Theresa. I also told him that I'm happy if he makes simple grilled cheese sandwiches – this was so much work. But he enjoys cooking in a way I never did and still do not. It's a wonderful generosity and much appreciated.

3. Carrie says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

4. Carrie says:

Yum! It looks so beautiful, hope it tasted as good as it looks. You've got a talented lad !

Yes Carole – it was all delicious. And yet he doesn't want to cook professionally because then he wouldn't enjoy it any more!

He truly is an artist. Even though I wouldn't eat most of that I can certainly admire his incredible creativity! Love, Lani

Maybe the smells might have tempted even you, Lani. Though not the eggplant in tomato sauce, I do concede that. But roast potatoes and roast pork – mmmmm.