the Dalai Lama encounters skiing

Here is a gorgeous story for you, my friends – beautifully written, moving, and hilarious.

And Carrie Snyder has written a particularly beautiful post today, at left, called “I’m thinking about being”. Keep up with these blogs, people! What do you mean, you have work and you’re busy? There’s reading to be done!

Speaking of the meaning of life – my daughter had an ultrasound today. Her baby is a boy, due July 15. She’d wanted a girl and perhaps was briefly disappointed, but I was thrilled. Not only will Eli have a little brother to play with and a mother who has all the equipment a little boy needs, but, I wrote to her, “There are lots of wonderful women in the world but too few men. It’s your calling to raise two good, loving men for the planet.”

I hope that helped. Welcome to life, little man. It’s a difficult and marvellous world out here. I can’t wait to meet you. Well, no, I take that back. I can wait. Take all the time you need.

6 Responses to “the Dalai Lama encounters skiing”

1. Unknown says:

Congrats! I can tell (already) he's going to be a handsome boy!
    (as are all grand baby boys :-))

So miraculous, these ultrasound pictures. I was hoping he'd have a musical instrument or a book to keep him busy in there, but no. Thanks, Alice, fellow grandma.

Loved the Dalai Lama Story. It was just what I needed to read today. Thanks for posting.
    Congratulations too on your new grandson!

Nancy

A wonderful, exciting time; being a grandmother is a joyous thing Carole

Thank you for sharing the beautiful Dalai Lama story, Beth. And a big congratulations on the upcoming birth of your grandson!!

Laura

Thanks to you all, dear friends, including Carole whom I have never met. A blog is a wondrous thing, is it not?